Very frustrating to manage my license and activations. Need better customer support.

Laureen Whyte

Laureen Whyte

I purchased a license a few years ago and recently bought a new laptop. I tried to deactivate one of the devices, but there is no place to select the device to deactivate. Then I get an error message that I need to select a device. You have no support available at all on your website. This is extremely frustrating for a paying customer to receive such a poor level of customer service. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Laureen Whyte

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I sent you a direct message with your serial number.

Cheers!

Ignacio Labarca

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I've purchased at least two separate licenses, because every time I change my computer, I have problems activating. I just got a new computer from work, and Nitro says my serial number doesn't exist. This makes no sense.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Ignacio Labarca

The error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro PDF Pro.

Your latest serial number purchased in 2020 is for Nitro PDF Pro 13. Please uninstall the version you installed.

And then get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

If in the future, you would like to move your license to a new computer, or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by clicking on: Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Deactivate. This will allow you to reactivate on another computer.

I hope this helps. 

Drew McIntyre

I too have been very frustrated with the lack of support.  I like the product but I have had zero luck with a license activation issue because I forgot my account password and the "reset" feature doesn't work.  I have been trying to get help on this issue for almost 2 months now and haven't received a response.

My question:

Since I can't access my original account because I forgot the password, can I transfer my license to the second account I created to be able to post questions on this forum?

Lyle Lloyd

My original purchase date was 11/21/2020. I am also having issues reactivating my deactivated license for my Nitro Productivity Suite in order to reinstall on my new computer. I now cannot activate the same on my new computer. Very frustrating procedure to follow and it doesn't work. Plus, is this the only method to get support? Not convenient for paying customers. I need help here.

Cindy Rosenwald

I am also trying to transfer my Nitro Pro 12 license to a new laptop without success.   Press red Deactivation button and tells me to chose device, without giving me a device to chose from?  Please help!