Issue with deleting files that have been merged into an open PDF.

michael richardson

michael richardson

I have an issue where when i merge PDFs into another PDF, and then try to delete the merged PDFs, i get a message saying the file can't be deleted because it is open in another program. The files i want to delete are closed. Only the PDF that i merged the others into is open, but i need that one open. If i close it I can delete the merged PDFs, but it used to not work this way.

Before i got my new laptop (Windows 11 Pro and same exact version of Nitro Pro 13), i was able to merge PDFs into another PDF, and then delete the merged PDFs while the other was still open. Having to close Nitro to delete the merged PDFs and reopen Nitro again really makes my daily workflow a struggle. How can i reach Nitro Pro technical support???

michael richardson

I recently got a new Windows 11 Pro laptop, and reinstalled Nitro Pro 13, and now i am having an issue where i cannot delete files that I have merged into an open PDF. I get an error that the files are open and to close them first, but they are not open. I drag and drop the files into a different PDF file that i have open, but the files i am trying to delete are not open. This is how I have always done this, and it worked fine on my previous laptop. Is there some setting or something that needs to be adjusted?