Nitro add-on pdf writer does not work in Outlook

Debbie Gualco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Debbie Gualco

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I understand you can no longer convert an Outlook email to PDF using the Nitro Office Add-in.
Could you please confirm if you are using the Create PDF option under the Nitro PDF tab, or are you right clicking the email and selecting the 'Create PDF from Email'?
Are you experiencing the same issue when using the Nitro Office Add-in in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint application? 
What is the version of your Outlook? Are you using the New Outlook platform?

For testing purposes, let us check if you can convert to PDF by printing to PDF using Nitro PDF Creator. Here are the steps:

1. Open your Notepad application.
2. Type any text in the Notepad file.
3. Go to File > Print and select 'Nitro PDF Creator' as the printer.
4. Click Print, and when prompted to save the file, assign a filename, then save.

Please observe if this print job goes through the process and successfully creates a PDF.

Lastly, please access the ‘Printers & Scanners’ in Windows and check if you have the ‘Nitro PDF Creator’ printer, similar to the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.57bf2c10c558f26ce7fdfadef0ad1804.png

Kind regards,

As per the previous comments, it used to work a few weeks ago and now just hangs.  I get a "Failed conversion" error then I have to kill the Creator pop-up when it happens. 

I have tried all of the suggestions noted previously, plus uninstall and reinstall Nitro PDF Pro and also did an online repair of Office.

It should be noted that the Nitro add-in works for all programs in the Office suite (from the ribbon bar using the Create PDF), except Outlook.

Version of Outlook : MS Office Professional Plus 2021 MSO (Version 2401 Build 16.0.17231.20236) 64-bit

Version of Nitro PDF Pro : 14.19.1.29

Windows:

• Edition:  Windows 11 Pro
  • Version: 23H2
  • OS build: 22631.3155
  • Experience: Feature Pack 1000.22684.1000.0

Debbie Gualco
On 2/20/2024 at 9:36 PM, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @Debbie Gualco

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I understand you can no longer convert an Outlook email to PDF using the Nitro Office Add-in.
Could you please confirm if you are using the Create PDF option under the Nitro PDF tab, or are you right clicking the email and selecting the 'Create PDF from Email'?
Are you experiencing the same issue when using the Nitro Office Add-in in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint application? 
What is the version of your Outlook? Are you using the New Outlook platform?

For testing purposes, let us check if you can convert to PDF by printing to PDF using Nitro PDF Creator. Here are the steps:

1. Open your Notepad application.
2. Type any text in the Notepad file.
3. Go to File > Print and select 'Nitro PDF Creator' as the printer.
4. Click Print, and when prompted to save the file, assign a filename, then save.

Please observe if this print job goes through the process and successfully creates a PDF.

Lastly, please access the ‘Printers & Scanners’ in Windows and check if you have the ‘Nitro PDF Creator’ printer, similar to the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.57bf2c10c558f26ce7fdfadef0ad1804.png

Kind regards,

In Outlook, it will NOT create a pdf by either 1)  "Create PDF option under the Nitro PDF tab, or 2)  right clicking the email and selecting the 'Create PDF from Email'"

I have to open the email and go to Print and select NITRO PDF CREATOR. 

I can create a pdf in Word, Excel, & PP under the Nitro PDF tab.  I can print a pdf from Notepad by selecting NITRO PDF CREATOR as the printer.

I want to have the ability to highlight an email, right click and select 'Create PDF from Email' just like before.

Reymund,

Creating a PDF from the add-in works fine in all the MS Office programs except Outlook.  NITRO PDF Creator is set as the default printer in the 'Printers & scanners' settings and it has no problems generating pdf files as printer output. 

I reverted to a previous version of Nitro (14.14.0.13 that is install on my  Windows 10 machine) and the add-in still does not work for Outlook on Windows 11 Pro.

My second copy of NITRO PDF is installed on Windows 10 Pro and the add-in works as expected in Outlook (and all other office products) without any issues.

Version of Outlook: MS Office Professional Plus 2016 MSO (Version 2401 Build  16.0.17231.20236)  64-bit

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
  • OS Build: 19045.4046
  • Windows Feature Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Hope this helps.

Alexandre Ventura

Hi.

I also started having this issue recently. In my case it happened specifically when I updated to version 14.19.1.29.
I can print manually to Nitro PDF, but I loose the email subject as the file name and have to type it instead.
If I use the Convert to PDF button on the Outlook bar, it fails.

Here is a copy of the error message: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZpswnZxIzjMed8xzVM62DnMx9zejDC33Ly

Cheers,
Alexandre

Debbie Gualco
On 2/27/2024 at 5:58 AM, D W said:

Reymund,

Creating a PDF from the add-in works fine in all the MS Office programs except Outlook.  NITRO PDF Creator is set as the default printer in the 'Printers & scanners' settings and it has no problems generating pdf files as printer output. 

I reverted to a previous version of Nitro (14.14.0.13 that is install on my  Windows 10 machine) and the add-in still does not work for Outlook on Windows 11 Pro.

My second copy of NITRO PDF is installed on Windows 10 Pro and the add-in works as expected in Outlook (and all other office products) without any issues.

Version of Outlook: MS Office Professional Plus 2016 MSO (Version 2401 Build  16.0.17231.20236)  64-bit

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
  • OS Build: 19045.4046
  • Windows Feature Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Hope this helps.

I need a fix.  The right click option in Outlook does not work.  It worked for 2+ years.  So, what happened to their new and improved version 14?

Alexandre Ventura

Hi.

Just a minor update.
Today I installed the newly released version 14.22.1.0 but it did not fix the issue.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Michelle Birch

I have the same issue - all of a sudden - it no longer converts and email to pdf.

Weirdly, if its an attachment in an email, I can still convert this.

I have downloaded the recent upgrade, checked windows upgrades and outlook etc.

Please advise a fix asap.