Can't add imprint to library

Pierre Igot

Pierre Igot

After migrating to a new Mac, I found that Nitro PDF Pro (13) had lost the contents of my library, which had one item (my signature).

I am trying to add it back to the library doing the usual thing, i.e.:

1. Drag-and-drop a TIFF scan of my signature onto a PDF in Nitro PDF Pro.
  2. Use the Edit menu to make the signature transparent.
  3. Select the signature and use "Add Selected Imprint" in the small menu in the library window to add the signature to the library.

Unfortunately, the last step (3) doesn't do anything. Nothing gets add to my library. I also tried “Add Selection to Library” in the contextual menu when I right-click on the signature, but that doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong (if anything)?

TIA

Pierre 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Pierre Igot

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm if this is a fresh installation of Nitro PDF Pro for Mac?
Also, what is the complete build of the application on your Mac? The details can be found in the About section of Nitro PDF Pro. 

Do you have an existing document with your signature? If yes, can you try opening this document in Nitro PDF Pro for Mac then bring up the Library.
Go to Tools > Edit Tool (if it's not already selected). Click on a signature, then click on the + on the library box and choose 'Add selected imprint'.

Lastly, can you try saving other items in the Library and see if it will save?

Kind regards, 

Pierre Igot

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Nitro 13.3.1 as part of my Setapp subscription. I tried uninstalling, deleting its “Containers” folder in ~/Library, and reinstalling the app. It didn't help.

I did eventually get a response to my ticket from Nitro, and together we were able to establish that the problem only occurs when iCloud syncing is ON for Nitro PDF, under System Settings › Apple ID › iCloud › iCloud Drive › Apps syncing to iCloud Drive. As soon as I turn syncing OFF for Nitro PDF, I am able to add items to the library. As soon as I turn syncing back ON for Nitro PDF, the item that I just added to the library disappears.

Needless to say, I am leaving iCloud syncing off for now. This is clearly a bug, as iCloud syncing is supposed to be supported and enable you to sync settings, including library items, across several Macs. But it doesn't appear to be working, at least for library items. I'll leave that up to the Nitro folks to sort out. 

It's quite possible that iCloud syncing got automatically turned back on when I migrated to a new Mac the other day, and that's when the problem started happening. Now I have to remember to check and turn it off if needed.