Can't load court form Error Code 0x40030004

Bryce Nesbitt

Bryce Nesbitt

I had to use another program, fill it out, print it as PDF, combine it with Nitro, save it again, convert to PDF/A then OCR convert it using a another tool,
THEN I could bring it into Nitro to sign it.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bryce Nesbitt,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the delay.

For unknown reasons, we are unable to get a copy of the PDF file.

Do you have a local copy that you can share to us?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bryce Nesbitt,

Thank you for the samples and my apologies for the delay.

Please note these documents were created using a program called Adobe LiveCycle and Adobe Designer (see the Document Properties of the file), which utilizes XFA / XML forms architecture that is not compliant with the PDF 2.0 specification set by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). 

Our Product & Engineering team is actively investigating options to improve Nitro's ability to handle XFA and other non-standard PDF document types, but this is a significant product roadmap initiative, and unfortunately, there isn't a short-term solution. 

Although we have improved on how we work with this format, some files will still not behave as expected. 

If you intend to simply view or fill in the form fields in this specific file, as this is a proprietary Adobe format, we suggest using Adobe Reader (which is simply a lightweight PDF reader).

I hope this helps! 

Bryce Nesbitt

@Allain Umailin
A big improvement for Nitro would be not to crash.

My intent here was to use Nitro to simply combine two forms together.  For reasons that make sense only to the Court the form and its attachment are separate fillable PDF forms, and not available flat.  I tried several methods: filling with Nitro (failed), filing with Foxit (worked) but the resulting documents could not be combined by Nitro (overall fail), and finally printing to PDF from Foxit or Adobe and combining the result in Nitro (partial success).  The resulting document no longer scanned, so I had to OCR it with another third party tool.

In short I would be happy if Nitro could bring these forms in flat with no editing capabilities, without crashing, in Nitro 13.

Bryce Nesbitt

Is there a way for Nitro to raise a popup, and announce that it will strip the XFA on load time?