Upload of fill-in-form removes all fillable form fields?

Sam Gregory

Sam Gregory

I have a fillable pdf for customers to complete.  I want to send it to them, have them complete and then digitally sign the form.  However, when I upload the form to Nitro Sign all of fillable form fields no longer function.  Do I need to save the fill-in-form in some special format before sending to Nitro Sign so it retains its functionality?

I know I can create a template in Nitro Sign, but the field functionality is extremely limited and will not allow me to do what I have already done in creating the fill-in-form to begin with.  What am I missing here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Sam Gregory

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

At present, the Nitro Sign does not have the ability to properly recognize form fields in the document like Nitro PDF Pro.
When the document with form fields is uploaded in Nitro Sign, the forms will not be recognized and will not be fillable in Nitro Sign.
Nitro Sign has basic fields, especially custom and check box forms, which you can use to recreate the form fields after uploading the document to Nitro Sign. I understand the functions are limited, however, this is the only option in Nitro Sign if you would like to have some fields in the document filled in by the recipient. 

Kind regards,