Nitro Pro pdf conversion failure in Outllok

johnny mahlangu

johnny mahlangu

I am using Microsoft 365 Outlook and have successfully used Nitro Pro to convert Outlook emails to PDF until last week. The email conversion now shows a PDF conversion error. Nitro PDF is working well in other Microsoft programs (Word, Excell etc). I have reinstalled the Nitro Pro program and updated it to the latest version, 14; this has not helped; I continue to get the conversion error.

• 4 weeks later...
Sharon Maunders

I am having the exact same problem. On Wed 10th April I was converting emails to pdf with no problem in Nitro V13. On Thursday 11th all I kept getting was “failed conversion” message. So I upgraded to V14 & still can’t convert emails in outlook to pdf. Really annoying. Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue and I have Nitro Pro 13.13 which was working fine until a week or 2 ago. I've tried some of the potential fixes from online but no change. Can someone form Nitro assist with this - I have seen another thread online with the same issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. 

While our team is investigating this issue, the workaround we recommend is to print the email in Outlook using the Nitro PDF Creator or Microsoft Print to PDF printer to create a PDF. If needed, here are the steps:

1. In Outlook, select the email by clicking on it.
2. Go to File and select Print.
3. select Nitro PDF Creator or Microsoft Print to PDF in the Printer selection.
4. Select Memo Style under Settings.
5. Click Print. This will prompt you to save the file in PDF format.

Once the fix is available, it will be posted on our Release Notes page located here https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/release-notes

Kind regards, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings, 

Updating this topic with a potential fix.

The Office plugins depend on the correct file association being set up for the files being converted. In this case, the .msg files should be associated with Outlook.exe.
If this is the cause of the issue of not being able to convert an Outlook email to PDF, please try the following, and see if this resolves the issue:

1. Using Windows Search, search for Settings and access it.
2. Click Apps, then select Default Apps.
3. Select Choose Default apps by file type.
4. Look for .msg and configure it to open using the Outlook app.

image.png.360cdb8126dee774a839936aebc86504.png

Kind regards,