First ever download of Nitro shows as "trial expired"

Andrey Pavlov

Andrey Pavlov

Hello!

I've just downloaded the trial version of Nitro Pro 14.22.1.0 - first time I've ever done it (after reading lots of promo messages about a 14-day full-feature trial). Registered, signed on, but the software keeps saying "trial expired", "zero days left on trial". But I haven't had even 1 second of trial time, let alone 14 days! Can you help?

-Andrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Andrey Pavlov,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

To further assist you, kindly uninstall your current Nitro Pro through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and reboot your machine.

Then clear all your Downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder, and you may pick up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 14 using this installer: https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.22.1.0/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Mike Blodgett
13 hours ago, Allain Umailin said:

Hello @Andrey Pavlov,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

To further assist you, kindly uninstall your current Nitro Pro through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and reboot your machine.

Then clear all your Downloads folder or delete all downloaded Nitro installers. This step is important because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers and you download them in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installer in that folder, and you may pick up one of the older builds instead of the newly downloaded package.

Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 14 using this installer: https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.22.1.0/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

I tried that exact same installer and am still getting that error on several different Windows 10 computers that have never had Nitro installed on them before.

Conrad Kerin

I have the same problem... have followed Allain's instructions and still have the problem (and yes, I deleted the old installer and the second install process had different dialog boxes).  Any other ideas?

It's Windows 10. It's on 64 bit Intel processors using the x86 architecture. It's both metal box computers as well as virtual machines's running on hyper-v. Nothing related to Macs, ARM CPU's, Parallels or Bootcamps (or anything atypical/non standard like that) are involved. In the past, as long as Nitro PDF had not been installed on a computer (whether a Windows 10 metal box or Windows 10 vm running on hyperv) before, the 14 trial period automatically started. Now it does not, it says, even right after the install completes, trial expired.  Which makes me think there's been a change in the licensing system and how it authenticates those trials? Just guessing here.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Mike Blodgett @Conrad Kerin @Andrey Pavlov

Thank you for your posts and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

While we are still investigating this 'Trial Expired' issue upon installing the program for the first time on your machine, we highly recommend purchasing 'Nitro PDF Pro' by going to our webpage  https://www.gonitro.com/pricing#nitro-pdf-pro 

We recommend purchasing the license and running a full test of the software in less than 30 days. Rest assured that we can refund you if Nitro PDF Pro does not meet your needs.

Thank you for being so patient and again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.