Pdf Password

nwalczak

I am having an issue with password protected files. I work tech support for a company and we have a mixture of Adobe Acrobat and Nitro Pdf applications out in the wild. We are experiencing issues with some Nitro folks that are trying to open the password protected Pdf's. The same file can be opened in Adobe Acrobat. Any suggestions? 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I do have suggestions, but for an issue like this where the problem happens with certain files, it's best to contact support- https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket and work with them to get the issue solved.  You'll want to make a zip file with any of the problem files, and then files that do work.  Also include your problem description, and detail which files are working where, and which files are not working, and where.

If you have files that can be shared here, I'm happy to try them out, or if you can pinpoint what makes a file not work in Nitro, I can try to confirm that for you.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Sorry to dig into old posts. I'm having the same issues with opening password protected files. We used to have acrobat and the documents could be opened but now it's impossible with nitro and for every document which is password protected.

If I convert it to a word document, you can see what the document is but nothing is in the right place and it's hard to read.

Do you have any suggestion ?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

So, Nitro can successfully convert your password-protected files to Word, but can't view them properly?

If that's the case, two more questions:

I'm guessing you're doing the conversion by right-clicking on the file and choosing Convert to Word?

What Nitro version are you on? (And if you can, could you upgrade to the latest version of your release and test there? Link here: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads)

The nitro versions are reader 5 and pro 11. I tried with both versions as well.

I tried both : right clicking on the file and choosing convert to word and I also open the file and choose convert to word in the top bar. I tried converting the files on two pcs : on one you see the figures but it's impossible to read and on my laptop it's a blank page.

Archived