How to make a button for printing in PDF Nitro Pro hiddNitro Community Forumsen "layer" form.

bajtar

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @bajtar,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Can you please clarify? Did you want to create a button that allows the user to print the form after they are done using it?

Burak Boysan
On 31.05.2017 at 4:56 AM, Leslie V. said:

Hello @bajtar,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Can you please clarify? Did you want to create a button that allows the user to print the form after they are done using it?

This is what i am trying to do. Can you help on this?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Burak Boysan,

This is unfortunately not available within the standard features of Nitro Pro but would be available through the use of JavaScript. I have found a sample code online which has worked for us in testing with Nitro Pro 11.

Please create a new button by going to Forms > Button. Place the button, right click it and select Properties. On the options tab, select a layout, behavior (such as Push) and apply a label for each state. This will be Print for each of them most likely given the button we're creating but it can be anything you want. On the Actions tab, select Mouse Up as the trigger and the action would be "Run a JavaScript". Click Add action to List... and a window will pop up allowing you to enter some JavaScript code. Please enter the following:

this.print(false, this.pageNum, this.pageNum);

Once this done, click OK and return to the form to test out the button. Clicking on the button should bring up File > Print. Please note that while Nitro Pro does support some JavaScript functionality, we as a support team do not so, I would recommend checking out further examples online.

I hope this helps!

Archived