PDF to Word

Ethan

Wondering if anybody else has experienced this or can share further troubleshooting ideas.

One of my users has Nitro Pro 10 on Windows 10 Pro 64bit, 

Part of her workflow is to download a PDF e-mail attachment to a directory on local hard drive, right-click PDF and convert to Word doc with Nitro Pro.  Then open the resulting Word doc for editing.

it seems 1 of every maybe 5-7 converted Word docs from Nitro return the following errors when attempting to open:

1) We're sorry.  We can't open <filename> because we found a problem with its contents."  User clicks OK to this and gets next error.

2) Word found unreadable content in <filename>.  Do you want to recover the contents of this document?

Searching around online, I tried all of the troubleshooting steps outlined by Microsoft; check for Office/Windows updates, create new Normal template, cleared out some temporary files, made a couple edits to registry (then reverted them when they did nothing), etc etc

I then opened Word, opened blank document, File -> Open -> select corrupted Word doc -> click Open and Repair.  The doc opens and then must re-save it.

Last troubleshooting attempt was reinstalling Nitro Pro.  Word doc errors still continue afterward using new install of Nitro Pro to convert PDF to Word.

Only other thing I have tried, short of reinstalling Windows, is testing Nitro on a different Windows account.  But any other ideas??  Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please open a support ticket here so we can assist you directly.

Cheers!

Archived