Nitro Pro 11 not opening PDF's from a Server location

gregory_blahnik

gregory_blahnik

A user with Windows 10 can't open PDF's to Nitro Pro 11, from a server location, they open blank, but to drag the file over to the desktop, they open fine.  is there a setting or known issue that can fix this?

Thanks,

Greg

Adrian Fairfield

I had the same problem. It's something to do with the update.  I needed to uninstall and reinstall the program.  

If that doesn't work contact support and they can send you a cleanup tool to fully remove the old software.

gregory_blahnik

I ran the clean up tool twice,   the newest build of 11 doesn't want to work,  but the previous build will open that file...  I think it has something to do with the long path to get to the file,  drag it to the desktop, it works fine.   in \\srv006\admin\ENG\Admin\Training which is in the Amazon Cloud but the previous build of 11 WILL open that file. I do not have a copy of the previous build anymore either.  

Newest Build: 11.0.5.271,  Previous Build: 11.0.3.173.   

Windows 10,  Newest build, wont open file

Windows 10,  Previous build will open the file.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and ran the clean up took 2x,  restarted and still wont work.  something with that new build and windows 10 I think.

Thanks 

Adrian Fairfield

Actually on further investigation it doesn't fix the problem.  It's odd that some computers have this problem and I've got other that will open files fine from a server location.  I'm waiting for support to fix the problem.  Hopefully soon because I need the latest version to work with my software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello @ARF and @gregory_blahnik,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I can see that both of you already opened a support ticket for this. We will be in touch through those tickets.

Cheers!

Archived