Inserted Files Don't Stay In Order

Brad74

When I use the Insert From File tool, I can select multiple files. Say I have 30 other PDF files to insert into the current PDF, I can select them all and they will show up in the dialogue box to be inserted. When I continue the process it shows all the files in the order I would expect them to be inserted in the current PDF (I number the files so they are ordered alphabetically in file explorer how I want them to be ordered in the open PDF). When I finish inserting them they are all jumbled, there doesn't seem to be any logic to the order they appear in the open PDF.

How can I make sure they are inserted in the order that I've named them?

In some cases I might have up to 100 files which I want to insert at the tail-end of a PDF, it's very time consuming to do it one-by-one and extremely frustrating trying to do them all at once to have them end up everywhere...

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I've played around with this a bit, and I think I can reproduce what you are seeing.

There does seem to be some kind of bug around the selection- all of the items except one in the list are inserted correctly (I tested with 5 PDFs and used Insert from file, and set them to be after the last page).  I will file a bug on this, and I encourage you to do the same.

There does appear to be a different way to accomplish what you want to do: use Combine, and put the original document first, and then the PDFs to be added.  Combine does not appear to have the same out-of-order list problem that the Insert function does.

If you're seeing multiple PDFs out of order when you do Insert, that may be a different problem from what I'm seeing, and I would encourage you to file a ticket with support https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket to get the issue resolved.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:28 AM, Steven Zakulec said:

I've played around with this a bit, and I think I can reproduce what you are seeing.

There does seem to be some kind of bug around the selection- all of the items except one in the list are inserted correctly (I tested with 5 PDFs and used Insert from file, and set them to be after the last page).  I will file a bug on this, and I encourage you to do the same.

There does appear to be a different way to accomplish what you want to do: use Combine, and put the original document first, and then the PDFs to be added.  Combine does not appear to have the same out-of-order list problem that the Insert function does.

If you're seeing multiple PDFs out of order when you do Insert, that may be a different problem from what I'm seeing, and I would encourage you to file a ticket with support https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket to get the issue resolved.

Steven, thanks for the response. I didn't even think of using the Combine tool, I'll use this for the meantime. I'll be sure to file a ticket too. Cheers.

Archived