Jason Nahal

[Solved]Error: Security Bypass Attempted - product must be reauthorized error

Question

Jason Nahal

Hi All,

I installed Nitro Pro 11 trial version for a client and it expired. Client bought a license for Nitro Pro 11 and when I went to activate I got the error "Security bypass attempted - product must be reauthorized".

5rnMcdL.png

I tried uninstalling Nitro completely using the cleanup tool available here and installed it again but it didn't help. I checked  the support forums and googled quite a bit, there was reference to this error anywhere and I even tried to submit a ticket but to my bad luck the 'Submit' button on the website didn't work so I started messing around with the other support tools available here and found the 'Alternate License Manager' that fixed it.

The Fix:

1. Download the alternate license manager from here.

2. extract the .exe file to the C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11 -- this is for 64-bit version.

3. run the .exe file and enter the serial number for Nitro and click on 'Internet Activate' button.

wlgO4I9.png 

5. and voilà!

tl;dr - if you get the error like the one in the title; download the alternate license manager from here and run it from the Nitro installation directory and do manual 'Internet Activate' for the license number to fix the error.

Additional info: Nitro was installed on a Server 2008 R2 terminal server. 

-Jason

• I agree 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet