[Solved]Error: Security Bypass Attempted - product must be reauthorized error

Jason Nahal

Hi All,

I installed Nitro Pro 11 trial version for a client and it expired. Client bought a license for Nitro Pro 11 and when I went to activate I got the error "Security bypass attempted - product must be reauthorized".

5rnMcdL.png

I tried uninstalling Nitro completely using the cleanup tool available here and installed it again but it didn't help. I checked  the support forums and googled quite a bit, there was reference to this error anywhere and I even tried to submit a ticket but to my bad luck the 'Submit' button on the website didn't work so I started messing around with the other support tools available here and found the 'Alternate License Manager' that fixed it.

The Fix:

1. Download the alternate license manager from here.

2. extract the .exe file to the C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11 -- this is for 64-bit version.

3. run the .exe file and enter the serial number for Nitro and click on 'Internet Activate' button.

wlgO4I9.png 

5. and voilà!

tl;dr - if you get the error like the one in the title; download the alternate license manager from here and run it from the Nitro installation directory and do manual 'Internet Activate' for the license number to fix the error.

Additional info: Nitro was installed on a Server 2008 R2 terminal server. 

-Jason

• I agree 1

• 2 years later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Elaine Hall,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.