PDF file do not show nicely using different software.

yasserammouri

yasserammouri

hello guys, 

the problem that i have is when i provide electronic markups on engineering drawings using Nitro pro it and send it to other people, it does not look nicely if they open it using another program. 

here is an example, when this file was opened using adube PDF reader, it appears as if all the AUTOCAD text is a comment in the PDF itself. 

how do i get rid of that when saving? other people use other software to open PDF and i need my document to be readable using any software. 

thanks. 

i did not know how to upload a picture here so here is a link that will take you to it 

https://ibb.co/ma4DTG

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I'm looking at this, and I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for- you've made a massive number of comments to a document, and generally you want people to know the comments are.  In your picture you have hundreds of sticky notes on the file, and a small amount of other markup comments.  I've looked at Adobe Reader XI, and it shows everything when you open it, but automatically closes all the comments when you open the Comment tab.

In Nitro 11, you can hide all the comment icons temporarily by going to the Review tab, then clicking on Hide Comments.

If no one else is supposed to see the comments on this document, you'll have to remove them before you send the document out.

To do this, click on the yellow sticky note on the bottom left hand side of the window, and then delete the comments.  To save you time, you can click on the first comment, then hold Shift and click on the very last comment, then choose the Delete option to delete all of the comments at once.

If none of this answers your question, let me know what you're trying to do or what you think Nitro should be doing, and I'll try to help you.

yasserammouri
On 11/1/2017 at 1:27 PM, Steven Zakulec said:

I'm looking at this, and I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for- you've made a massive number of comments to a document, and generally you want people to know the comments are.  In your picture you have hundreds of sticky notes on the file, and a small amount of other markup comments.  I've looked at Adobe Reader XI, and it shows everything when you open it, but automatically closes all the comments when you open the Comment tab.

In Nitro 11, you can hide all the comment icons temporarily by going to the Review tab, then clicking on Hide Comments.

If no one else is supposed to see the comments on this document, you'll have to remove them before you send the document out.

To do this, click on the yellow sticky note on the bottom left hand side of the window, and then delete the comments.  To save you time, you can click on the first comment, then hold Shift and click on the very last comment, then choose the Delete option to delete all of the comments at once.

If none of this answers your question, let me know what you're trying to do or what you think Nitro should be doing, and I'll try to help you.

Hello Steven, 

thank you for your response. the problem that i have is that these sticky notes should not appear. i did not add these stick notes and the reason they appear is because they are text boxes created in the AutoCAD when the original drawing was created. (these are things like street name, elevation numbers..etc)  it is my job to provide mark-ups to fix the drawing and provide feedback. as soon as i edit the pdf using nitro and save, these sticky notes start appearing when anyone uses adobe to view the file. it looks fine when i use nitro. 

the pdf file can be found here in case you want to look at it. 

https://ufile.io/p0beo

i really want to get red of this problem. your help is really appreciated. 

thank you.

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

So, are other people supposed to see these notes? If they're not supposed to, can you just delete all of them? If you need to delete them all, I provided details on how to do that in my last post.

If you wanted to edit the PDF file directly, you want to use the Edit or Type Text tools- they directly edit the PDF, and do not leave markup of any kind.

I hope this helps at least a little- if not, let me know and I'll try to answer whatever question you have.

Archived