Trying to get fields to show correct information

Sherita

I think I'm in way over my head,  but hopefully someone can help. I have a pdf document that is for my own personal use, it's for entering my dogs in shows. What I want to be able to do is choose the dogs name from a drop down menu, and have that action automatically populate other fields with the correct information such as date of birth, breeder, sire, dam, call name, etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this work. Does ANYONE have any ideas, because at this point, I'm just getting mad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello Sherita,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

This may require JavaScript. Please note though, Nitro Pro supports JavaScript, however, we in Customer Service, can only provide limited support for this. While we support the use of JavaScript within PDF, we simply cannot troubleshoot custom scripts as it requires an extensive knowledge of coding, falling outside the scope of our support (outside the basic calculation functions).

You can try using Google to find scripts that you can use in your document. For simple scripts, you may refer to this article: 

You might also find this links helpful: 
JavaScript
Supported JavaScript Objects

Hope that helps!

Archived