Move Nitro Pro to a new computer?

Keith Allen

My computer with Nitro Pro on it crashed.  I can still access the hard drive and therefore the exe file, I think, but have no idea how to do that, how to retrieve the serial number and show the Nitro mothership I really do have an acccount.  I need to set up Nitro on a new computer as I use it often and don't really want to have to buy it again.  My understanding is I need to de-activate it on old computer and re-activate it on new computer.  But to do that I need the serial # - which I don't know how to access.  Help??

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

If you can open Nitro on the old machine, that's the easiest way to retrieve the serial number- click on the Help tab, then the About Nitro Pro button, and the serial number is listed there.

Otherwise, there's two other ways to find your key: find the original email from Nitro or Cleverbridge with your order details (http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/answers/Nitro Pro/000001640 ), or retrieve the key from the registry.

The registry might be a bit of a challenge since you'll need a tool to mount the one from your old system instead of your current one, so I would recommend searching for the original email.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll get you some resources- I can't help you with any issues around mounting a remote registry, but I can tell you the key to look for.

Archived