How to select shaded regions

KitKhat621

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

When you click the edit tool on the Home tab, does each text area you want to select show up as a separate box when you mouse over it? You can select all of the page, and then hold down CRTL and click to unselect regions, or you can do the opposite and select the first one, then hold down Shift and click on each other region you want to select.

Hope that helps!

Hi Steven,

Yes, they show up as separate boxes. However, I have about 1700 pages of this, so I was hoping there's a systematic way of doing that, rather than individually deselecting. 

Does Nitro Pro also have a way of separating the different columns into different documents?

Thank you!

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

If the columns you don't want show up in the same place on every page, there's something you could try (as long as you're fine with one of the conversion options).

Under Erase, there's Mark Pages, and Mark Across Pages.  You could use this to remove that chunk from every page, and then convert the PDF to something else, and you'll have just the selections you wanted.

Obviously, make a copy of your original first, both to try out different conversions and because redactions are permanent.

Try both convert to Word and Convert to Excel- both will pull out anything that looks like a table and put it into a document; sometimes you get a better recreation in Word with the embedded table than in Excel.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you could do here.

Archived