Need Nitro 10 License Reset & is This Forum Now the Primary Way to Communicate?

Ggroch

On Nov 21 I submitted a ticket # 00151534 because my Nitro 10 license was invalidated by a Windows 10 Update.  This is the 2nd occurrence in 90 days.   I have not received a response (or a reset) despite a follow up,  so my trial license has now expired and I cannot use my purchased  NitroPro 10.

Can I get a reset please.  Let me know if you need more information.

That is my urgent issue and I would very much appreciate your help.

Less urgent questions: 

1. I do not have "assurance",  so is this forum now the best (only?) way to request a reset.    The response to my ticket indicated I would get Nitro technical help "as time permits" but with a 14 day limit on the trial when the license deauthorizes,   hopefully time will permit so that we can continue to use our paid for products.

2 I believe that some of the issue with my Nitro's frequent activation problem may be that at the last Windows 10 Fall Creator Update I signed up for the Insider Preview....which has more frequent updates.  Should I discontinue that?  Will there continue to be issues whenever Windows 10 has a major update on the same computer.   This would seem create a less than ideal experience both for the customer, and for Nitro Support who would have to frequently reset hundreds of activations.

Thanks for your help on this.  I really rely on the program, but had hoped that purchasing it would provide a solution that does not require me to pay for annual assurance  support in addition to the initial program cost. 

George Roch

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Ggroch I reset your activation, please check your email for my response. Here are answers to you "less urgent questions":

1. We will no longer provide any email support to customers with no active Software Assurance (including activation questions) but we will publish Nalpeiron Deactivator Portal on our site that will enable you to reset your Nitro Pro activations. 

2. We will publish Nalpeiron Deactivator on our site that will enable you to reset your Nitro Pro activations so I don't think there is a need for you to discontinue Windows 10 Creator Update (maybe on a temp basis until we launch Nalpeiron Deactivator Portal?). 

Thank you very much for your help. You fixed it.

I understand how expensive and time consuming it must be to provide un-time restricted support to customers who do not subscribe to it.  However, if a recebt existing product develops a technical glitch the 1st couple of years that can make it unusable,  I do not think you have the option of holding their software purchase hostage to a future subscription.

It sounds like Nalpeiron Deactivator may well solve these issues.  Great.  but perhaps you should wait to discontinue email support until it is up and running.

Anyway, thanks. You fixed it. 

Paul Maskelyne

I'm having exactly the same issue, with the product becoming deactivated spontaneously after a Windows update (second time this has occurred in the space of a year).

My support ticket was 00151949  before it was closed without a proper response other than redirecting me to Cleverbridge, which then helpfully redirects me back to the nitro support page, and now I only have a few days left of the enforced "trial" before the product will become unusable for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Paul Maskelyne I cleared your license so you should be able to successfully activate it now. I highly suggest that you upgrade to Nitro Pro 11 and purchase Software Assurance since we no longer provide email support to users with no SA. 

How do users reset licenses that are trapped  and can't be deactivated if the portal is not live and er can't email support?  What is the solution for users in the meantime?

I sent two emails to Nitro with no response.  My trial period is up in two days and I would like to reactivate my Nitro Pro 11 but my former Surface Pro had an unrecoverable failure, so I couldn't deactivate my Nitro Pro 11 and reactivate on the new computer the better.  My support ticket number is  00152416.  Thanks.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Justin Case and @kwood98,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

@Justin Case your license is good to go. Please try to activate again and let me know how it goes. The Nalpeiron Deactivator will be available soon. Thank you for bearing with us.

@kwood98 I see you submitted a support ticket and has been resolved. I apologize for the late response and I'm glad you were able to reactivate successfully.

Have a good one guys!

Archived