Automatically set password protection

Tina

Hi,

I have a custom design windows application that my client uses, that generates reports in Excel and if required, it automatically creates a PDF version of this file and opens it in Nitro.  They then apply password protection to stop the editing of the PDF, save it and close it.  They would like the password protection to automatically happen as it is extremely cumbersome when you are creating many PDFs in a day.  Is there anyway I can call an API or something to apply the standard password selection that they make, then save and close it?

Thanks for your time.

Tina

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

No API that I am aware of, but you can setup security profiles so you can then assign them to a document with a single click.  Here's the articles on setting up Password Security profiles, and security profiles in general:

http://guide.gonitro.com/articles/password-security/

http://guide.gonitro.com/articles/Security profiles/

Hope that helps!

Hi Steven, they already have setup a security profile and that is what they select to apply password protection, but they want it quicker again by having this security setting applied automatically when the PDF is created.  When your creating hundreds of PDF's daily its a problem and you don't want to accidentally forget to add security.  Can you please investigate if there is another way around this.

Thanks

Tina

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the link.  However, how does this wok when the files are in many different folders, eg client folders.  The folders may contain older files too, where this process is not required.  Also we don't want an additional file created.   Can the developers create a call/API that allows you to pass details of an existing file, the security profile to apply,  save the file and open the file?

Thanks

Tina

Archived