Nitro 11 performance degrades over time

Joe S.

I am using Ver. 11.0.05.271 on a pc running Win 10  (64 bit) with more than ample ram.  I am running it off of a very fast SSD as my C:\ drive.  When I restart my computer, Nitro will open in a very few seconds either directly or when opening from a pdf file (does not matter if the file is local or remote, email or anything else).  After about 24 hours and continuing thereafter, the opening process becomes dramatically slower to the point of waiting sometimes 20-30 seconds for a document to open in Nitro.  I have also observed since updating that the I cannot print html websites to Nitro Pro any longer.

email client is Outlook 2016 and uses Nitro plug in.

Chrome browser

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Joe S.,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

If your Windows 10 recently installed Windows Fall Updates, please be advised that Microsoft has identified an issue with their fall update of which has caused some programs like Nitro to run slower than normal.

We have decided to release a patch to our 11.0.7 build this month that contains the fix related to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update issues.

We will let everyone know when is the exact date of this release as soon as we have this information.

We also highly recommend regularly checking our download page to get the next build: https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads

Cheer!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Joe S. please use the installers I posted in my latest announcement. If you're one of our business customers (11+ licenses) please have your IT team submit a support ticket and request these installers. 

Archived