Why does Nitro Pro 11 impose file number limit for conversion?

jshe

I am doing a conversion task that extracts all images from a set of pdf files. I have 500 pdf files that need to be extracted. I used Nitro 10 last year and I can add all 500 pdf files all together and do the batch conversion. However, with Nitro Pro 11, I can only 'Add' about 50 files each time which is very inconvenient. Question: how can I add all 500 pdf files all together and do the batch conversion, as Nitro 10 did? Thanks for any help!

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I just tried doing a smaller set, and I didn't hit any limits- I was able to add a batch with 53 PDFs in it, and select 61 PDFs from inside a different folder.

I'm using Nitro 11.0.7.411.  If you're finding that Nitro 10 handled more PDFs at a time than Nitro 11, let me know and I'll retest and try to gather up a larger sample size.

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Nitro Pro 11.0.2.110

Here is what I observed for my case:

• I have 445 pdf files in a folder (about 2M each)
  • When I go to 'Convert" > "Extract Images", "Add Files...",  I select all files in the folder, But it ends up only 46 files are added!
  • Then, if I click "Add Files..." again, and select the 47th to 445th files, it will have a total of 95 files in the Nitro file list.
  • I have to keep counting and repeatedly adding the rest of the files for about 10 times so to have all 445 files in the Nitro's file list.

In stead, when I was using Nitro 10, it could handle all 445 files at once. (Unfortunately I don't have Nitro 10 in my laptop anymore).

What I experienced for Nitro Pro 11 makes the work very tedious.

47 minutes ago, Steven Zakulec said:

I just tried doing a smaller set, and I didn't hit any limits- I was able to add a batch with 53 PDFs in it, and select 61 PDFs from inside a different folder.

I'm using Nitro 11.0.7.411.  If you're finding that Nitro 10 handled more PDFs at a time than Nitro 11, let me know and I'll retest and try to gather up a larger sample size.

I also noticed that the number of files Nitro 11 can add to the list depends on the actual file name length. If I rename the files with shorter name, Nitro Pro 11 can add more files each time. It seems the limit is set inherently within Nitro Pro 11.

Archived