Claudia

split a pdf and use the previous file names

Question

Claudia

I have a pdf file with 400 drawings. I want to split in 400 pdfs but with the file name they had before. Is that possible?

I don't want to rename 400 pdf files.

thanks

4 answers to this question

Steven Zakulec

I'm reasonably confident you can do this- if each drawing is on a separate page, you can use Split to make 400 PDFs with the original filename plus something added to the end of the name- a letter, number, the page number.

If this doesn't answer your question, let me know.

Claudia

Steven

thank you for your reply, but I think I wasn't clear. When I said "original filename" I meant the filename of each pdf before it was joined together on the 400 page PDF.

For instance:

PDF file with 4 drawings is called X. And it is formed by the files: 2189-0100, 2189-0400, 2189-0349 and 2189-0680 .

what I need, is to split the files and have them with their previous filenames, or 2189-0100, 2189-0400, 2189-0349 and 2189-0680.

What happens now, is that I split the files, and it would come up with names like X(01), X(02), X(03), X(04)!

Do you know if there is a way that I could split the 400 files and maintain their previous filenames?

Regards

Steven Zakulec

I'm sorry- I can't really think of a way this could be done in an automated fashion of any kind with Nitro.  There doesn't appear to be a way to specify a filename based on metadata or bookmarks, which is the only way I could see this working.  If this is something you'd like to see in the future, post it in the Product Improvement forum.

• I agree 1