File Size Growing

txbigden1

Have Nitro 10 and it's acting funny.  When I save my file size often goes up 10x to 20x the file size regardless of whether or not I've done anything to the file.  Even if I've removed stuff from the file.  So I'll do a save as, and sometimes it will drop the size but sometimes it will make the size grow.  I had one file that I made no changes to and when I did a save as multiple times it went from 600 kb to 3 mb to 18 mb to 30 mb to 120 mb.  It was insane. 

When I've done optimize the files will actually increase in size, not decrease, and it will look like the program is frozen as it's rebuilding the file. 

I've run a repair on the program but that didn't fix it. 

Most of the time we are taking powerpoints and making PDFs in Nitro Pro then adding additional files into the document. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Before this all started most of our files would be less than 10 mb (6 - 8 generally).  Now they are often 100+ mb.  We've tried the save as, the optimize, and most other tips we've seen on shrinking PDFs.  But again this is happening even if nothing is happening in the document, just hitting save as (or save) again will increase the size.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Not helping here..

I have similar problems, I have nitro 8.1.1.12 and when I try to optimize pdf with web, not much is reduced in size, and if I use custom settings to set low dpi settings and various jpg, zip settings and with low quality, it actually increases in size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello txbigden1 and Michael I,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We may need to take a look at the file so we can give you a more accurate solution. Can you please open a support ticket through this link and include the following so we can troubleshoot the problem?

- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing
- The file you are working with
- What exact version you are using (E.g. 11.x.x.x, you can find out by going to Help >> About Nitro Pro)
- The exact steps you are taking
- Any relevant screenshot

We look forward to hearing from you!

Archived