Is there an Annual renewal Fee

Scribbler

Hello, have looked everywhere and do not see if there is an annual renewal cost after purchasing the software.  

So, we pay our $199 Canadian and have updates forever?  Nice! 

Just new here mate.

Bye the way, the link to the  'User Community' area is broke. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scribbler,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

If you purchased Nitro Pro from our website, this is a perpetual license and will not expire. But, please take note that if your current version is already included in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy , you will no longer receive support.

With regard to the 'User Community', please share the URL so we could check it.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scribbler,

Just to add, you need to pay for upgrades (one good example is upgrading from Nitro Pro 10 to Nitro Pro 11). To upgrade, you can visit https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade and enter your serial number. 

I also recommend purchasing Software Assurance after clicking Proceed to Checkout button. This entitles your to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support for one year after the purchase date. (Premium Support is prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team for one year after the purchase date). 

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Scribbler,

Thanks for your response.

Please be informed that Upgrade and Update are entirely different.

'Upgrade' is when you purchase a newer version of Nitro Pro. An example would be upgrading from Nitro Pro 10 to Nitro Pro 11. 

While 'Update' is when you install a newer release of the same software version you are currently using. For example, if you had version Nitro Pro 11.0.3.173 installed, you would update to version 11.0.7.425. This one is for free.

With regard to the Sunset Policy link that is not working, I had a typo-error where I accidentally added a 'comma' so please use this link instead: https://www.gonitro.com/product#UpdatesSunsetPolicy

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
NitroTester

Greetings @AllainU- I'm currently evaluating Nitro Pro.  I have a follow up question to your last response/post.  I understand the difference between 'updates' and 'upgrades'.  When you said above that updates (e.g. 11.0.3.173 to 11.0.7.425) are free ... is it free to perpetual license holder EVEN IF he/she did not purchase "Software Assurance"?

I know there's different model for this, some vendors allow free updates within first year of purchase, some vendors allow forever updates (without requiring support agreement/Software assurance).  And of course, Upgrades in most cases are always chargeable, except maybe if the new release is released within a certain threshold of new purchase, etc.  Just want to get some clarification whether free updates requires Software Assurance or not, if not, will the free updates extend past the 1st year of purchase.

So far, I love the product, but after reading many posts, I'm a little bit on the fence committing after reading the various difficulties/hassles people have about Activation and product Support.  Maybe that's unwarranted, since I always see helpful posts from you. Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @NitroTester,

Thanks for posting on our community forums and for evaluating Nitro Pro!

With or without Software Assurance, any user can UPDATE any build of Nitro Pro 11 to its latest build. One good example you shared is 11.0.3.174 to 11.0.7.425.

Since we have no time-line on when new UPDATES  will be released, users must regularly check our downloads page https://www.gonitro.com/product/downloads 

Please take note that once a NEW version is released, (e.g. Nitro Pro 12 to be released this year), there will be no more updates for Nitro Pro 11.

With regard to various difficulties from users about their concern in our Forum page, we highly recommend purchasing Software Assurance that entitles users to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support (prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team) for one year after the purchase date.

Our Forum page is a collaboration site where customers and Nitro support can help each other.

Cheers!

Archived