Font in text field won't embed

Dotcom

How do i embed a handwriting font for example in a text field for someone to sign?

If I use 'BrushScript' for the signature field and send it to someone who doesn't have brushscript it uses a font that they have - how do I embed this font for the text field when someone fills it in?

Hope you can help

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I think you can set this- when you have the Type Text tool open, both Subset and Embed are checked.  If you uncheck Subset, this should force that particular font to be embedded.

To check if this worked:

To list all fonts in a PDF and their embedding method, Ctrl+D or right-click the Hand tool anywhere on the document, and select Document Properties. In the Document Properties dialog, see the Fonts tab.

To view the font properties of selected text in a PDF, right-click the Edit tool on the text, and choose Edit Properties. The Text Properties window appears. Information about font embedding is at the bottom of the window .

Thanks for the reply, I can see the fonts listed and open sans works fine on the normal text on the pdf that isn't installed on the secondary machine.

However, the 'text field' for people to fill in seems to revert to a font that is available on that persons machine that's close to the one I chose. Is there anyway to embed this font in the pdf?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
US Services

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm using LucidaHandwriting-Italic for a text field and it does not appear properly when opening using Adobe Reader.  I have to set Adobe Reader to use local fonts in order for it to appear properly even after I have embedded the LucidaHandwriting-Italic font into the document.

• 2 months later...
US Services

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?  Are there other support avenues for this product?  I feel left alone outside in the cold here...  

I have a similar issue.  I use Serpentine Font for my my address and the clients address in  invoices that are created in an Excel spread sheet.  When Nitro finishes creating the PDF anywhere I used the serpentine font is blank space.  I had no issues with earlier versions.  

Help Please!!

Archived