Insert pdf file into Excel and view

LisaDK13

I cannot put a Nitro pdf file into an Excel file as an embedded object and be able to view the actual file contents. When we opt to NOT have the file as an icon within the Excel document when inserting, it still comes in as an icon. It’s as if this option doesn’t work correctly. Furthermore, when we activate it to open it, it will only open in Nitro, not Excel. Please advise. Thank You

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I tested this with Nitro 11.0.7.425 and Office 365, and I can reproduce your first issue.  As far as I can tell, Nitro does not expose the ability to do this in Excel- any version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat does seem to provide this.  On your second issue, the system seems to use whatever the default PDF viewer is- I have a system where Edge is the default PDF viewer, and Excel uses that to open the PDF file embedded.

If you have some experience with VBA, it looks like it might be possible to do this through VBA- there's some promising functions listed in the Nitro PDF addon, but I don't have enough experience to understand how you might hook into those.

If this is something you'd like to see, post it in the Product Improvement forum- https://community.gonitro.com/forum/15-nitro-pro/

Archived