Docked icons on toolbar

dgewin

Every time I have to resart the computer (ie Nitro), the saved icons i pin to the toolbar disappear.  Anyone else experience this and if you have, have you come up with a solution.

I used to have a number of handy ones on the toolbar, but since this started happening, it's a waste of time.

Not overly happy.

This is also happening for me, I will set my  icons up in the quick access tool bar and the next day or so, they are gone and reset back the default. It frustrating.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @dgewin @Plad,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I recommend that you repair your Nitro Pro via the Control Panel > Programs and Features. Please reboot your computer before and after running this repair to ensure that there are no ties to Nitro still active in the background (refer to this article: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/repair/000001641)

If it fixed the issue but reoccurred after several days, you can check your registry to see if the changes are being removed when you close Nitro Pro. You can check this by going to Start menu, search for and open 'regedit', then browse to the following location (see attached): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nitro\Pro\12\Settings\QAT

*VERY IMPORTANT* Adjusting anything in the Windows registry can cause problems. Care should be taken when working in there by saving a backup before making any change. Please refer to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Any changes made to the Quick Access Toolbar are saved in above registry location when exiting Nitro. To test,  kindly add 'Save As' to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). Nitro Pro should create a new key in that location when closing (all registry changes are written when exiting Nitro). If you do not see another key appear with 'AVRibbon:Main:SaveAs:Btn', then something in your computer is preventing Nitro from writing back to the registry. This is mostly likely a permission issue with your computer profile.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived