Bates Numbering or Header-Footer option

del

Anyone know if it possible to add filename w/o ".pdf" extension to Bates Numbering? or in Header/footer do the same thing but including a padding in the page numbering.

My end game is basically to stamp pages with "filename(w/o ".pdf").001","filename(w/o ".pdf").002"...

I would like to be able to do this as a batch process as well filename1.001, filename1.002...next doc filename2.001, filename.002...so on

I am familiar with JavaScript as well if I have to go that direction.

Thanks in advance

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Individually you can do this- you can insert any text you want as part of the Bates Numbering and Header/Footer.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything that will let you do filename minus extension, only filename.  It's possible there's some Javascript out there that will let you do this, but I'm not sure.

Bates Numbering is your only option for stamping multiple documents at once.

Wish I could give you a better answer.

• 1 month later...

There is definitely lack of these option.

I also need to manually remove the extension of every file name header...  i hope it would be that easy like on adobe someday..

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

If you're willing to go the Javascript route, I'd search for a Javascript that does what you want- one might exist already for Acrobat, and you might be able to use it as-is for Nitro.

Archived