Redacting certain PDF's duplicated redacted boxes

Guest Jeremy

Guest Jeremy

We get different PDF documents from different clients at my company, when dealing with a certain clients PDF and trying to redact certain account information, it almost seems as if the redaction marks I make when applied, get duplicated on the rest of the document and following pages.  Example, if I redact at the very top of the page and apply the changes, it will proceed to add the same redaction box at the bottom of the same page, as well as add it to the top and the bottom of every page following the first.  I have tried saving as a flattened PDF and that did not work.  Tried using the white out tool and same thing occurs.  It almost seems like the document I am using has a repeating table or field which is causing the redaction marks to duplicate on the document.

Any thoughts?

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

You're probably going to have to talk with support on this, but there's a chance it may be the Mark for Redaction feature- you can specify multiple positions, and then apply them to each page all at once.  I would check the settings for the Mark for Redaction option first- click on Mark for Redaction, then Redaction Mark properties.

There may be a table or form that's breaking across pages, but that's hard to confirm without looking at the document itself.

If the redaction marks are set correctly, and work otherwise, your best bet is to contact support and work with them to figure out why this document acts strangely: https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket

Archived