Nitro 12 Spell Check doesn't work in form text fields

Mark Fiske

• Power User

Have a scanned document where there is "no suggestion" when the words are underlined in red. In fact, all of the words are underlined in red in the text fields except for some in rare instances. Had this problem earlier and thought it was fixed but it has come back now and spell check is inop. Running Windows 10 Home 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Power User
Steven Zakulec

The only suggestion I have is maybe the OCR did a bad job on some of the document so the actual text generated by OCR doesn't match what you're seeing on the screen.  To check this, copy a section of the text and paste it into Notepad or Word and see if there's a bunch of broken text or normal words.  If that's indeed the case, you can try tinkering around with the OCR options, but otherwise you'd need to submit a support request if you can.

• Power User

Thanks Steven...

I copied and pasted as you suggested and everything showed up correctly...so that has been eliminated. This form wasn't a scan but rather a download and the affected areas are the text fields only. At a loss for now...worked fine in ver.11.

• 1 month later...
  • Power User
Steven Zakulec

Okay- I think I must not have understood you right the first time, because I definitely see a similar if not the same issue this time.  I'll file a bug on it.

I have a similar problem. In regular text boxes, when a word is misspelled, it is underlined red, but when I right-click it, all of the suggested replacements are blank buttons. I can change the editing language, but not actually fix my spelling.

I cannot figure out how to add a picture, but it is linked here .

• Power User

Henri21, Wow...that's exactly what I have going on! When I go from one form field to another, all of the words are underlined with "No Suggestions". Go figure...supposedly there is a ticket on this for a bug fix...hope they rectify is soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Power User
On 10/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, Steven Zakulec said:

Okay- I think I must not have understood you right the first time, because I definitely see a similar if not the same issue this time.  I'll file a bug on it.

Steven,

Have you heard back on this spellcheck bug yet? Really is annoying now...

Mark

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

I have not heard back other than that it's known about now- I haven't tried Nitro 12.5 or 6 yet to see if the bug is fixed but not mentioned.  It looks like updates might be roughly once a month now, so I'm hopeful for it being fixed soon.

• Power User
3 hours ago, Steven Zakulec said:

I have not heard back other than that it's known about now- I haven't tried Nitro 12.5 or 6 yet to see if the bug is fixed but not mentioned.  It looks like updates might be roughly once a month now, so I'm hopeful for it being fixed soon.

I'm on 12.6 now and it is still suffering from the spell check problem as well as the Office integration situation. Will wait for the fix...know it is probably very involved.

• 2 months later...
  • Power User

Well, it's been 3 months now since the last reponse on this. Is anyone looking into this anymore or has it been set on the back burner for now? Status, please.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @andyg @mfiske,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

On behalf of Nitro, my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please note that the last two releases were only for business customers and we will release a new build in the next coming weeks for online users.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• Power User

Just installed the Feb 13th update and it seems to have corrected the problem with the spell checK! Hopefully it will hold! Works like a champ now...

• I agree 1

• Power User

Okay...if you have a pdf up for a while and you are working on it, then the spell check slips back to the old problem. The fix is to restart Nitro and then the problem goes away immediately. So don't know why editing time should affect it...wierd...but I can work with this for now.

• 7 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:53 AM, Henri21 said:

I have a similar problem. In regular text boxes, when a word is misspelled, it is underlined red, but when I right-click it, all of the suggested replacements are blank buttons. I can change the editing language, but not actually fix my spelling.

I cannot figure out how to add a picture, but it is linked here .

Unfortunately it is the same in the new V13 (and: unfortunately not the only problem in this new version)

• Power User

You know, I am experiencing the same problem with v13 also. I got it partially fixed by saving over the current pdf and for a while it would work. But now with v13, everything is red underlined regardless of language. I have reverted back to v12 for now until they fix this.