Unknown Error 80

How-Chan

Hi there,

When i first time open Nitro Pro, the popup message saying unknown error 80. This is just after downloaded the trial version of Nitro Pro (PDF) and install on RDS environment (server 2012 R2 in Azure).

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Regards,

How-Chan

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @How-Chan,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I just sent you a DM to further assist you with your concern.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hell @MaartenStil,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Are you trialing Nitro Pro on a Window Server hosted as a virtual machine n VMware, Hyper-V or in Azure?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Edited by AllainU

Hello AllainU,

That is indeed correct. The software is installed on a Hyper-V virtual machine.

Meanwhile I can start the software without problems. Is there something I can do when this happens again?

Kind regards,
Maarten Stil

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MaartenStil,

Thanks for your response and for providing these information.

If you trialing Nitro Pro 12 on a VM hosted in a Hyper-V setup, you'll need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number. This license-file uses another licensing model and will not result to the error message you're receiving.

I suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to get a copy of this MSI installer and License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales

• 6 months later...
Ashwin Tyagi
On 12/20/2018 at 2:52 AM, AllainU said:

Hello @MaartenStil,

Thanks for your response and for providing these information.

If you trialing Nitro Pro 12 on a VM hosted in a Hyper-V setup, you'll need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number. This license-file uses another licensing model and will not result to the error message you're receiving.

I suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to get a copy of this MSI installer and License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales

Hi @AllainU

Trust you are doing well. 

I have been a Nitro Pro 12 client since 2018 and have enjoyed using Nitropdf and its features. 

We are currently having a similar issue as @MaartenStil and have been trying to install NitroPDF on a Azure based Windows 10 Virtual Machine (VM), but up on installation and when you open NITROPDF it comes up with an Error: 80 and then quits Nitro.

After researching the support portal of NITROPDF, we identified that we will need another MSI installer that accepts a license-file, instead of a serial number.

Leslie at your customer service team said that we will need to have a Enterprise License to be able to use this - which I totally do not understand?? 

This is really frustrating as we have now lost like over a week trying to sort this out. 

Appreciate if we can be provided with the license-file so that we can continue with our work on the VM. 

Thank you for your prompt assistance with this matter. 

Regards, 

Ashwin Tyagi 

Edited by Ashwin Tyagi
update

Enter Automatisering

Hello AllainU,

I experience the same problem with a server 2016 RDS server (VM).

I installed Nitro Pro 12 trial en filled in the key but also got a Error 80 message.

Can you please provide me help or a link to the right MSI en how to switch my key from a serial to a license file?

Kind regards,

Ron Hommel

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Ashwin Tyagi @Enter Automatisering,

As much as I would like to provide a license-file that is designed to work on an installation in Azure, I have no power to do that because an Enterprise installer is provided by our Sales team if you have a minimum purchase of 11-user licenses.

My apologies if I was not clear with my previous post.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to reach-out again.