Delete entire annotation layer

ppeters3

I understand how to delete individual highlighted sections and comments. But for a long document with many annotations, I need to know how to remove the entire annotation layer wholesale.  Or alternatively - how to revert the pdf document to its original state (before adding annotations using Nitro).  I have not found any directions on how to do this in the User Guide or on the Forum so far (or from generaly Googling).

Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ppeters3,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to remove the comments/annotations placed within the file, you will have to select the individual comments to delete.

Unfortunately, there is not an option to delete all comments when viewing the document.

However, as a workaround, please use Optimize PDF Tool (under File) > Custom. Then select Show Details button > check the box for 'Remove Markups Annotations (popup, notes, markups, etc)' > OK.

Please try that workaround and let me know if its a viable process for you.

AllainU -- Thank you for the suggested workaround.  It did do exactly what I needed it to - and easily.  I'm not clear what else is altered when a pdf file is optimized, but this workaround will most likely do what I need.

It seems like having the ability to revert to the original - unaltered - pdf would be a fairly common request/need by Pro users. 

Archived