Error code 0x40030004 when trying to open downloaded PDF

CyberRon

I downloaded a monthly statement from my credit card account in PDF format and when I tried to open it with Nitro Pro I gave me an error code of 0x40030004. I had to open the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader and save it again. Then I could open it with Nitro Pro.

What is this error code and why did I get it. I have version 7.5.0.29 which has been working perfectly fine for me - though lacking a few features that I was able to use with Acrobat at work (I'm retired now).

With Acrobat, I was able to do the following:

• Create PDF from Clipboard - both text and image
  • move images and text around as "blocks" including from one page to another
  • Create a blank page and then fill it with copy and paste
  • Combine open PDF's without saving them first

I would like similar capabilities and don't know if the latest Nitro Pro does these things.

Also, is there an upgrade path for me from my current version? The upgrade won't accept my serial number as valid.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @CyberRon,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry about this! We no longer support and update Nitro Pro 7. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

That being said, we will not be able to identify for sure the cause of this error message in Nitro Pro 7. We no longer have the tools required to investigate issues for this version.

If you would like to trial our latest product, Nitro Pro 12, you can download it from here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try
It will run as a full featured product for 14 days! After that, if you choose not to purchase it, you can still use it as a PDF Reader.

I hope that helps!

Is there any way to get a discounted upgrade to the latest for a long time user of the program? The full price of $159 is way too high and I don't need all the features - especially the cloud version - only the desktop version.

Also, I have the current version installed on two computers - my home PC which is where I use it predominantly, and my laptop which I only use for travel and rarely have to use Nitro Pro (maybe once or twice a year). Would your product be able to be installed on two computers with one license? I would be the sole user...

• 4 weeks later...

I have version 7.5.0.29. This version is "supposed" to work with PDF file format version 1.5. The file in question is a statement from my Capital One credit account. I can open it with Adobe Reader but not Nitro Pro when first downloaded.

If however, I open it with AR and then save it again with the same name or another name, it will magically open with Nitro Pro. I checked the document properties (within AR) and don't see anything that would point to a failure. Both the before and after documents are version 1.5 PDF.

The only difference I can see between the two documents is something called "Fast Web View". It is marked "No" on the document that Nitro Pro won't open and "Yes" on the document that will open. When I view the second document properties with Nitro Pro, this item is marked "N/A". The size is slightly different as well - originally 354,30 KB (362, 806 Bytes) and after saving  361,63 KB (370,305 Bytes).

Both documents show as being created by an application "Enterprise Imaging" while the PDF producer is CrawfordTech PDF Driver Version 4.6 64 Bit Build ID 5955 on May 03, 2018 at 19:56:04" and the PDF version 1.5 (Acrobat 6.x).

When trying to open the original document, a popup message opens stating the document (by name and path) "could not be opened. Please contact Nitro Support for assistance. Error code: 0x40030004"

Can you at least tell me what this error code is supposed to mean???

• Official Nitronaut
On 1/15/2019 at 1:42 AM, CyberRon said:

Is there any way to get a discounted upgrade to the latest for a long time user of the program? The full price of $159 is way too high and I don't need all the features - especially the cloud version - only the desktop version.

Also, I have the current version installed on two computers - my home PC which is where I use it predominantly, and my laptop which I only use for travel and rarely have to use Nitro Pro (maybe once or twice a year). Would your product be able to be installed on two computers with one license? I would be the sole user...

Hi @CyberRon,
Please send me a direct message with your serial number so I can check your account.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, Leslie V. said:

Hi @CyberRon,
Please send me a direct message with your serial number so I can check your account.

I have version 7.5.0.29  with serial number "NP7D2D-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx" and would like to upgrade to the latest Nitro Pro. I use the program at home (I'm retired) and have no use for collaboration tools or the Cloud capability. I create PDF's from a scanner or print to PDF from various programs or the web browser. I then mark them up with the callout tool and/or text boxes.

I want the capability to compare documents for differences and I especially need the OCR to work.

I tried your latest trial version and the OCR was terrible. I have MUCH more accurate conversion with the version 7.5 Nitro Pro.

I have tried other PDF products, but yours is the best for me - if you can fix the OCR issue. I tried the program PDFelement and it has far superior OCR accuracy. However, the program does not work with scanners that have ADF (auto document feeders). In fact, any multiple page scans are difficult and must be done with the program going back from the scanner interface with every page. It's a pain. Further, the program does not have callout boxes which I use frequently.

I would like to upgrade for a reasonable price, but I NEED the OCR capability.

I tried downloading the trial program again to give it another chance but it won't install. I had it installed before and uninstalled it.

• 3 months later...

Archived