Error Code 0X400D04C8

Eric C

Today, I started receiving this error code while saving editing documents previously saved with Nitro Pro 11.0.3.134. These documents were last edited on 1-13-2019 without a problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Eric C,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Based on similar cases we have encountered with the same error code, a thread on StackOverflow states this error usually refers to the file in question being open by another process on the machine or within the program already.

Are the affected files saved on a shared folder? If yes, are you sure no one is accessing them when you attempted to save or edit them?

Also, I can see you are still using an older build of Nitro Pro 11. Would it be fine updating to 11.0.8.470?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you for answering so quickly. After posting my question, I began investigating and found that if I right click on the file, one of the options is "edit with Nitro Pro". If I click on that, the file opens, in Nitro Pro, and  can be successfully edited and saved.

Also, when I first encountered this problem I checked for a software update and received an error message " Nitro Service Update not running". I don't know what that means, but I would be interested in updating . Can  a link be sent?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Eric C,

I trust you're doing great today!

I am glad you were able to find the update for Nitro Pro 11.

With regards to the message 'Nitro Service Update not running', I believe you were referring to our 'Check Updates' button.

At this time, our Check for Updates feature is currently unavailable because our development team disabled it and haven’t bring it back. As much as I would like to provide you when this feature will be up again, there is no ETA from their team.

You can find our most up to date versions posted at our website here and you need to visit this page from time to time: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/sunset/000001632

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Archived