Nitro 12 upgrade under SA

MickyG

Hi,

I purchased Nitro 11 + software assurance in Sept 2017. My understanding from the email is that I am eligible to use Nitro 12 given that was released in June 2018 (i.e. within 12 months of the original purchase date). The software key provided doesn't work - how do I go about obtaining an updated key?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MickyG,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Upon checking our records, I can see you did purchase a Nitro Pro 11 with Software Assurance (now VIP Access) last 13th of September 2017. 

I can also see your Software Assurance has expired last 12th of September 2018 because it is only valid one year after the purchase date.

If you wish you upgrade to Nitro Pro 12, kindly access our Upgrade Portal https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number. You should get a message saying 'You’re eligible for a discounted upgrade to Nitro Pro 12' then click Proceed to Checkout.

After purchasing the upgrade and installation Nitro Pro 12, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your NEW serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. The actual wording is:

"Your Software Assurance is now active and you can use this to lodge premium support tickets when required through our Online Support Portal. Simply enter your email address used here or product serial. This also entitles you to a free upgrade path to the next major release within this 12 month window. We will notify you directly when this becomes available."

The next major release was version 12 which was released within the 12 month window, so I don't see how you can say this is a chargeable upgrade. Following that logic, I'd have had to stop using version 12 upon expiration of the SA. One other point - I wasn't notified of general availablility of version 12.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MickyG,

Thanks for your response and patience.

To further assist you with your concern, I created a support ticket on your behalf.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

Archived