Error 0x400D0002 when opening PDF's from SharePoint 2013

After upgrading to version 12.10.1.487 some users are getting an error when attempting to open PDFs housed on SharePoint document libraries.  This occurs regardless of whether the Nitro PDF IE SharePoint add-in is enabled or disabled.  IE version is 11.2791.14393.0 for problematic users, I am unable to replicate error with 11.590.17134. I wasn't able to locate any topics related to this error message. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @254154643,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We have the same precise issue, when opening scanned PDF's that we have received externally. PDF's can be opened via Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro DC.

Has the above issue been resolved?

/ihu

Edited by ihu
Added Acrobat + info.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ihu,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every PDF file saved in SharePoint 2013? If you open Nitro Pro > File > Open, were you able to open the PDF file saved in SharePoint? How about saving, are you having issues as well?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi,

I think our serial number and info can be found in this recent incident that was create at Nitro for a different issue: INC0216732

We have Nitro installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 - so most likely a Business Installer.

We're running 12.10.1.487.

Yes, when opening directly in Nitro - we get the error

We are not able to open the file - due to the error... which only gives you the dialog/option to press "ok"...

I don't know if it has something to do with the "sensitivity" of the PDF formatting - when compared to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC....

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @ihu,

Thanks for providing this information.

To further assist you with your concern, a support ticket was created on your behalf and a colleague of mine just sent you an email.

For better case handling, kindly continue responding through the support case.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
Ronald Obwoni
On 3/6/2019 at 11:22 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @254154643,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

You keep on saying we contact you personally where is your email and contacts?

Ronald Obwoni
On 4/3/2019 at 11:12 PM, AllainU said:

Hello @ihu,

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Nitro Pro build (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every PDF file saved in SharePoint 2013? If you open Nitro Pro > File > Open, were you able to open the PDF file saved in SharePoint? How about saving, are you having issues as well?

You keep on saying we contact you personally where is your email and contacts?

• 10 months later...