Crash with pdf exported from Lucid

KDP

Hello

Have an exported PDF from Lucid charts that crashes NitroPDF - If I open it in Adobe Reader or Mac and Linux PDF Viewers it never crashes. I've exported several other Lucid Charts to PDF and NitroPDF does not crash, seems to be something specific with this PDF.

When I open the PDF it displays, however any scrolling or maximising the window will crash Nitro. A pop-up window appears asking me to enter my Email and Details.

Is there a way I can send this PDF to someone so they can look at it, I don't want to post the PDF here.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @KDP,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-A sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you’re trying to open? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?
-Support Tools file from the affected machine. Note that if the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and open NitroPDFSupportTools.exe: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000001594

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hello Allain

I've sent you the pdf and support tools txt file in the private message. As mention in the message, it's on the C drive only and never originated from a network drive. It was exported from Lucid Charts using Google Chrome browser to the local pc. Have tried it on 3 different computers using Nitro and all have the same issue. Mac Preview and Linux PDF Viewer all work fine as does Adobe Reader on the computers running NitroPDF.

Thanks
Keith

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @KDP,

Thanks for sending these information and my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Using different versions of Nitro Pro, I was able to replicate the crashing issue where I receive the BugSplat crash report that asks for description and email address.

Upon checking the crash reports, they all point to an error 'npdf!RenderObjectRelease' with an explanation of 'Access violation'. Unfortunately, there is nothing much in the reports that can help us.

As a work-around, you must first use Print (Using other PDF viewer > File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator) and convert the original file into a Nitro Pro PDF document from a Lucid Software document.

It's possible that it is a document issue and it has to go to this process re-printing. This process will sort of standardize the document and remove any encoding that may be present from its original creation.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and please don't hesitate to reach out again if you have further questions

Archived