Create Button in the ribbon

Franck B.

Hi I would like to know if it's possible to create some personalized button in the ribbon. I have some repetitive task to do on a lot of document and its anoying to add a header and a footer to do have to press the button and then select the the good menu and then the correct option.

I would like to have a shorcut button directly in the ribbon (not the toolbar) of my option. Is this possible. Or even better a personalized ribbon, where I would put all my favorite button all at the same place.

Thanks.

Franck

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Franck B.,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums! 

You can create shortcuts via the Quick Access Toolbar discussed here.

I hope that helps! Cheers!

Hi Leslie, and thank you for your answer, unfortunatly I am already aware of this technic, but it's not what I am looking for, I want the button to be added to the ribbon and not the toolbar, because when you work on a laptop, the toolbar is so small, that's a pain to click on anything, or see the icon you are looking for.

It would be more efficient to have a personalized ribbon.

Franck

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

The only other option is the Favorite Tools button on the Home Tab.  This lets you pick 5 tools to put on the Home tab- it's not as flexible as the Quick Access Toolbar (you can't pick a sub-menu item, only the top-level item).

It's worth trying that out- it would let you put the Headers & Footers button on the Home tab.

Archived