Unlocking locked PDFs

Nyseman

Hello, I would like to know if the current version of Nitro Pro (12) is able to unlock PDFs.  There are certain pdfs that I get or create from other proprietary software that, even though they are basically blank forms, they are generated in a locked format.  I then have to use an online PDF converter (Online2PDF.com, or something similar) to unlock the PDFs before editing them in my current version of Nitro.  Please let me know if v 12 has capability to unlock PDFs directly.  Thank you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nyseman,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Do you have Nitro PDF Creator (virtual printer) under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers? If yes, kind open the locked PDF file using your Nitro Pro 10 then go to File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator 10 > Print. How did go?

If above workflow did not help and in order for me to further assist you with your concern, please send us few sample files (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Allain!  Yes, that did work--- for the most part, thank you.  However, the converted file bolded all the straight-lined letters!  All of the lowercase "L"s and uppercase "i"s are all bold (because both of those letters, as indicated, are just a straight line), which makes the document looked a bit funky.  I have seen that happen before on other converters.  When I use "online2pdf.com" to convert it, that doesn't happen. Any ideas?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Nyseman,

Thanks for letting me know that reprinting to PDF Creator did the trick but with slight issues.

Would it be possible to provide a copy of the original file you're working with so I can test it on my end? To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Also, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived