COM Surrogate has stopped working

hrkiddoctor

hrkiddoctor

Used Nitro PDF free for years. Upgraded to Nitro 12 this past month.  Since then I chronically get the notice above.  The error data is as follows:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    DllHost.exe
  Application Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Application Timestamp:    4a5bc6b7
  Fault Module Name:    npdf.dll
  Fault Module Version:    12.12.1.522
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5c9a8fe9
  Exception Code:    c00000fd
  Exception Offset:    005e7ff7
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    72aa
  Additional Information 2:    72aa242cc810ad8f3dbc1d04bbc76150
  Additional Information 3:    1a7d
  Additional Information 4:    1a7d27e86575ab3f1780dec38613eadf

Seems to be related to reading files containing Nitro PDF documents.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nitro Pro 12 3 times now after re-downloading the install file and the error persists.

Anyone have an answer to this?  If it continues I will have to uninstall Nitro and revert back to PDF Reader.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @hrkiddoctor,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please send me a private message and provide the following?:
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro. This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) so I can replicate it on my end. To send me the sample file, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to open? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Archived