Donna R

ColoradoBlueSkies

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Donna Rauss,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, please provide the error message you are receiving when you attempted to activate your Nitro Pro.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

ColoradoBlueSkies

wont let me activate, activate button is grayed out

Serial number on existing product is 234600-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Edited by AllainU

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Donna Rauss,

Thanks for providing your Nitro Pro 11 serial number.

Since Activate button is unclickable, kindly uninstall it via Control Panel > Programs and Features and then reboot your machine.

After rebooting, please download and install Nitro Pro 11.0.8.470 using these offline installers:

x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi
x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

If you are not sure which to pick, this will help: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/64/000001874

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your serial number.

Thanks for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

ColoradoBlueSkies

The above did allow the program to re-activate, however, now the program will not print!  Nothing is being saved.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Donna Rauss,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for this inconvenience.

Could you please verify if you are also unable to print to PDF using NotePad and MS Office applications (File > Print > PDF Creator)? 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Donna Rauss,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

To further troubleshoot, kindly uninstall and reinstall your Nitro PDF Creator 11. Here are the steps:

1. Close your Nitro Pro and go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools. Double click on the "Services" icon.
2. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service and right click on it and select Stop. In order to do this, you need to be logged in with Administrator access. At this point, no one will be able to print anything on any of the printers that are being hosted on this server.

3. Next you need to go to the following directory:
-AppData\Local\NitroSpoolDir
-Windows\Temp

Delete all the files in this folder. This will clear all print queues. Make sure there are no other print jobs being processed on any of the other printers on the PC or Server because doing this step will delete those jobs also.

4. Now you can go back to the Services console and right-click and choose "Start" for the Print Spooler service.

5. Open Nitro Pro and test printing to PDF Creator again.

ColoradoBlueSkies

Please advise on how to get the program to work!  I purchased solely for printing documents to PDF, yet it does not work.  I've un-installed and re-installed to see if the issue would be fixed with version 12, however, it will not allow me to do so, as I'm past the free trial stage.  I never used the free trial, rather activated my version 10.  Is this a Nitro sales intent?  Don't allow older versions to work on a new computer?  I'm not paying your full price for this program again.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Donna Rauss,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue has caused. 

To further assist you with your concern, we decided to created a support ticket on your behalf and a colleague of mine already sent you an email.

For better case handling, kindly respond through the support case.

Thanks for you patience and my apologies again for the inconvenience.