Nitro Pro 11 Will Not Print Docs to pdf

Jeff H

For some reason my Nitro Pro 11 will not print anything to pdf.  You can select it as a printer, click on PRINT and the nothing happens.  It also freezes periodically when reviewing pdfs.  

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Jeff H,

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums!

I highly suggest doing a fresh install and make sure you're on the latest build:

Please use the tool I have provided below to remove all files associated with Nitro Pro and reboot your system.

http://install.nitropdf.com/support/downloads/cleanup.zip

NOTE: This clean-up tool will erase any existing signature files within Nitro, so please save them to another location before using the clean-up tool in order to keep them. Please see this link for backing up custom stamps/signatures: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000001671

Also, when you are doing a reinstall, before you download a new installer, it is important that you delete all Nitro Pro installers in your Downloads folder because we noticed that if you are saving all the installers you download in the same folder (like the downloads folder), the EXE can pick up any MSI installed in that folder, and may pick-up one of the older builds instead of the new one.

When your system is back up, close all of your open applications and install the latest build of Nitro Pro 11 using the link I have provided below:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Note: Version 11 is at the bottom portion.

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and enter your serial number.

Please try to monitor its behavior and let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Kelvin,

Thanks for the help.  I did everything above as instructed and went to print something and it still doesn't print.  It is stuck in the Printer queue.  

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Jeff H,

Thanks for the update!

I'll create a ticket on your behalf so we can troubleshoot further.

You will hear from me again soon.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @CherylZ,

I'll also create a ticket for you. You will hear from me again soon.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Alain Martin

Hi, just wondering what the fix for this issue is as we are having the exact same symptoms. Followed the recommended procedure to remove & re-install but documents are still stuck in the Nitro queue. However documents convert fine with CutePDF. We are on version 11.0.8.470 and have a valid serial number.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @gkayne and @Alain Martin,

Kindly try these steps:

1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro 11)
4. Close the Support Tools and the Nitro program.
5. Relaunch Nitro and try to print again.

I hope this helps!

Thomas Gough

Hi, just wondering what the fix for this issue is as I am having the exact same symptoms. Followed the recommended procedure to remove & re-install but documents are still not printing from the internet.  It starts out fine but I never receive the print as dialog nor does the PDF file get created.  I only recently moved to Pro 12 (12.0.0.112) serial # ****************.  Interestingly, I had the same problem in Pro 11, but when I downloaded the trial version for 12, it worked fine!  Once I activated, the problem re-appeared.  I have followed all the suggestions in this thread.  Thanks for your help!

Edited by Kelvin V.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Tom Gough,

There are several causes for this to happen.  I'll create a support ticket  on your behalf.

You will hear from me again soon.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Alain Martin,

Kindly direct message me your serial number and I'll provide you several troubleshooting steps including the latest appropriate offline installers.

Cheers!

Edited by Kelvin V.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @R DAvis,

Kindly use this MS FixIt tool instead to remove all traces of Nitro Pro:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Then, use these direct installers to download the latest Nitro Pro 11:

64-bit http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi

32-bit http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

If you are unsure if your machine is using 32 or 64-bit, please refer to this link: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/32%20or%2064%20bit/000001874

Activate by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activation and entering your Nitro Pro 11 serial number.

Kindly try to print again.

If the issue persists, here are few things we'd like to check and try:

- Are you converting a Word file to PDF? Do you have Nitro Pro addins in Excel/PowerPoint? Does that not work?
- If you open Nitro first, and then create the PDF by going to Home >> PDF >> From file, is this working?
- Have you been able to successfully save/create PDF files using Nitro Pro 11 before using the steps that are not working now? If yes, when did it change?
- Does it matter what file you try to save/convert to PDF? If you try to use a blank Word file, does that work?
- Can you send me some sample files and exact steps you are performing?
- What Operating System are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 10? And is it 32- or 64-bit?
- Another method of creating a PDF is by going to the folder where the Excel/Word file is saved, right click on the file and then "Convert to PDF using Nitro" -- does this work?

I look forward to your response.

Renee Davis

Thank you Kelvin for getting back to me! 

My biggest issues are printing to pdf from Quickbooks 2018 and the latest issue is from a .jpg file - I use the print driver for these.  There is an option to save as pdf in Microsoft Office products, so I usually use that for those type of files.  But I did try to print from them using the printer driver and they don’t work either.  I do have the add-ins and tried a test file in Word at the add-ins work.

I was able to create a pdf by using Home>>PDF>>From File, however the 8.5 x 11 page is not the correct size - I have to shrink to 25% to see all of the page and cannot add text to the file unless I make the font huge.  Since I am not the only one who will be looking at this file, I can't use a huge file that has to be resized for the less technologically savvy people in the office.  I cannot do this from within Quickbooks - the only option I have there is to use the print driver.

I have been able to create pdf files using the steps that I am using now for the last two years, until about a month ago.

I tried a word document and it didn't work using the printer driver.

I can't send the Quickbooks files or the jpg file because they have confidential client information in them.  The only file I can send is a test word file, but I have no idea how to send it to you.  All I do is go to print, chose the Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 11) printer, click print, chose location and enter a file name, click okay and then nothing happens.

We are currently on 64-bit Win7 but are upgrading to Win10 this summer.

When I right click on jpg file I am trying to convert it will create the huge file like it did in the Home>>PDF>>From File process above.

I think I answered all your questions.  Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @R DAvis,

Thank you for your response!

I'll create a ticket on your behalf.

You will hear from me again soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Kelvin, 

Any resolution to this? Having the same problem and I've done everything except NitroPDFSupportTools.exe. I'll try that tonight, do you have anything else that might help?

Thanks!

On 7/16/2019 at 4:26 AM, Kelvin V. said:

- Are you converting a Word file to PDF? Do you have Nitro Pro addins in Excel/PowerPoint? Does that not work?

Trying to convert from Word/Notepad. Excel/Powerpoint don't work either.

- If you open Nitro first, and then create the PDF by going to Home >> PDF >> From file, is this working?

Yes, this works.

- Have you been able to successfully save/create PDF files using Nitro Pro 11 before using the steps that are not working now? If yes, when did it change?

On other computers, yes. This user got a new computer set up this week and it seems to have been broken from the beginning.

- Does it matter what file you try to save/convert to PDF? If you try to use a blank Word file, does that work?

Doesn't seem to matter, blank Word docs don't work either.

No files seem to work, but I'd be happy to. Steps are: open/create a doc, ctrl+p (or go to File>Print), select Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 11), Print.

- What Operating System are you using? Windows 7 or Windows 10? And is it 32- or 64-bit?

Win 10, 64 bit

- Another method of creating a PDF is by going to the folder where the Excel/Word file is saved, right click on the file and then "Convert to PDF using Nitro" -- does this work?
Yes, this works.

Still no luck after running the Support Tool or reinstalling using the Fix-It and then your link. Answers to your questions are in the quote above. Please let me know what else I can try!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @gstory,

Have you also tried using our clean up tool?   

Kindly direct message me your support tools file: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/support tools/000004465

Cheers!

I hadn't, but that seems to have made things worse :( it uninstalled everything and now I can't reinstall. 

If I run the installer from https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads, it gets through the download phase and says that "Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding. No action was taken as a system reboot is required." Rebooting and then running it again immediately after the reboot leads to the same error though.

If I run the installer from http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi, it errors out immediately after the UAC prompt and says that it ended prematurely because of an error.

There are no Nitro installs listed in Add/Remove programs, the Uninstall Microsoft Fix-It, or in Revo. I can install Nitro 12, which also uninstalls fine but doesn't really get me anywhere. I even uninstalled 12 with Revo to clear out all of the registry keys that might have been left behind by 11 and it didn't help. There's nothing in Event Viewer and I can't find any other logs that seem remotely helpful (not really sure where to look through). Any other ideas??

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue with creating PDFs using the PDF Creator printer.  My files get stuck in the queue, showing "Sent to Printer" only.  I have tried everything you've suggested in previous posts.  Still not working.

I'm using version 12.  I have done all of the following steps:

1. Uninstall and Reinstall, with and without the MS Uninstall Clean up tool you recommended.
  2. Used Support Tools to Recreate PDF Creator with Admin Permissions.

Here are my answers to the questions you asked above (mostly the same as previous case above):

No.

Yes, this works.

- Have you been able to successfully save/create PDF files using Nitro Pro 12 before using the steps that are not working now? If yes, when did it change?

This has been going on for a while now.  I really don't remember when it started.

Doesn't seem to matter, blank Word docs don't work either.

No files seem to work, but I'd be happy to. Steps are: open/create a doc, ctrl+p (or go to File>Print), select Nitro PDF Creator (Pro 12), Print.

Win 10, 64 bit

Yes, this works.

I hope there has been an answer found to this situation and you can share it with me.

Thanks!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Philos,

I'm creating a ticket on your behalf. You will hear from me again soon.

Cheers!