CREATING PDF WITH BOOKMARKS AND SUB BOOKMARKS TREE

mIkeh

When creating bookmarks and saving the pdf I have encountered several of my pdf's will have some of the  bookmarks expanded showing the sub book marks.  How can I have Nitro make them all NOT expanded when opening up in Adobe reader or any other PDF reader?

Thank you

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

If you don't want the bookmarks panel to be open when the PDF is opened, you can change the Initial View under File, Info, Change Document View. If you don't want any of the sidebars open when the PDF opens, choose Page Only from the Navigation drop-down box

Hope that helps!.

Its not that I dont want them open. I have alot of bookmarks and within the tree some are expanded were most of them are not. My question is, how do I close all the subtree bookmarks and just have the chapters only showing?  I dont know why some do this to me but dont see any setting that i can find myself to make them NOT expanded.  Thank you for the reply 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

There's not an option I'm aware of to handle this specifically- the only thing that comes to mind is if you have Nitro's "Restore last view settings when re-opening PDFs" turned on, this will override the document's defaults, which are to have all bookmarks showing as closed.

You can test this out by opening your PDF, then going to File, Options, Appearance, and unchecking "Restore last view settings when re-opening PDFs".

When you re-open it, the bookmarks should show as closed.

If this doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas for you.