23 Error - License number already used

bhdallas

Hi, I had to reinstall Nitro Pro 10 as I have replaced both my desktop and laptop with new machines. From the support page when I check my license information it says Currently activated - 0 and activation available as 2. But I keep getting this 23 - License number already used error. Please let me know what I should do. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bhdallas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 10 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy 

Our record shows you are experiencing an issue activating the license is because the computer that the software was installed on did not generate a proper Computer ID (which is a Nitro-specific ID, which generates a unique Computer ID for each computer that the software is installed on). Instead, a Computer ID of all '0's was generated.

As a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Alternatively, if you were interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 12 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your v10 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

Thanks for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much. I will be able to upgrade later in the year, not right now. I really appreciate your help. I had the same error pop again when I tried to activate my version 10 on my desktop. I know I can activate my license on two machines. Because when I look up the serial number it says - No of activation's allowed - 2 and no used is 1. So, I would really appreciate your help in fixing this. Eventually I will upgrade to the latest version, but it cannot happen right now. Thanks. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bhdallas,

Thank you for your response and patience.

Upon checking your Nitro Pro 10, I can see you were able to activate on your 1st machine but failed on the second.

To further assist you, another change has been made on our end so please try activating again.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Good morning. I am again getting the same Error - 23. I went into the license portal and I have deactivated both uses. I have one install on my desktop and one on my laptop. But I am still getting the same error. 

Error - 23 - License number already used.

I am really not wanting to upgrade right now and since I have already paid for this software and own it, I am not sure why I am having trouble activating and using it. Can you please help me fix it?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bhdallas,

I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 10 license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

1 minute ago, AllainU said:

Hello @bhdallas,

I just made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 10 license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Thanks AllainU. Do you have any discounts for current members to upgrade?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @bhdallas,

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 10 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13 and to know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes