Sign feature doesn't work

FHaczkiewicz

FHaczkiewicz

Hello,

I am working on a case of some user who cannot sign pdf documents. I am out of ideas now, so i am seeking help here. 
Overall it's a pdf located on a network drive. When opening it there is a prompt saying that some features may be disabled, but it says the sign option is available. 
Here is the troubleshooting i've tried so far:
- Tried other documents, cannot sign them too 
- Moving the file to a different location, C:\temp in this instance and signing it from there 
- Repair option 
- Re-installing the software
- Running the application as myself
- Re-creating windows profile
It's not a lot but i do not have much technical knowledge of the software, so i tried what i thought may help.

Thank you in advance!
Filip, 

• Power User
Steven Zakulec

Couple of ideas:

For the re-install, did you use the same version, or did you grab the latest version from https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads ?

For signing not working, do you mean QuickSign, digital signatures (Protect tab, Sign), or both?

If the document is protected, it's likely you can only use digital signatures on the pre-existing signature fields.

If none of these work, you'll want to contact support.

FHaczkiewicz
8 minutes ago, Steven Zakulec said:

Couple of ideas:

For the re-install, did you use the same version, or did you grab the latest version from https://www.gonitro.com/support/downloads ?

For signing not working, do you mean QuickSign, digital signatures (Protect tab, Sign), or both?

If the document is protected, it's likely you can only use digital signatures on the pre-existing signature fields.

If none of these work, you'll want to contact support.

I installed the latest 11 version, as it is the one our company has the license to. 
The document is indeed protected, and there are pre-existing signature fields where user tries to use his digital signature that doesn't work. 
Any further ideas? 
If to contact support, how do i do it? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @FHaczkiewicz,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you with your concern, Nitro support team decided to created a support ticket on your behalf.

For better case handling, kindly respond to the email message that was sent to you through the support case.

Cheers!