Combining multiple PDF files (in order)

AllenS

Suggestion

I have a basic need to combine multiple pdf files into one PDF using the INSERT command.  Prior to using the INSERT command, I rename each of the 14 PDF's so each begins with the characters 1 thru 14. I open a single page PDF then use the INSERT FROM FILE command, selecting all 14 files, which display in order within the command window. I then select NEXT, indicating all files are  to be inserted after the existing page I have open.  The 14 files are added into the existing PDF, BUT IN A RANDOM ORDER.   

How can I ensure they are merged in the correct order?   

1 reply to this suggestion

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AllenS,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Please be informed there is a sort option in Combine Files window of Nitro when the view is switched to Detailed list.

Just like Windows explorer, you can sort files (Descending/Ascending) to be combined either by Name, Size, Pages, Path, or Date Modified. I believe that you are also already aware of this.

While in Windows explorer, after sorting and selecting multiples files, right-clicking the specific file will make it at the first page when combined. I made another screencast for this as reference, please see link below in Internet Explorer browser: https://www.screencast.com/t/KznUc7gu 

It means, the documents are added beginning with the file that was right-clicked. For example, if you have files names 1, 2, 3, 4... then you right-click on file '3', they will be loaded into Nitro as 3, 4, 1, 2.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!