password protecting documents are always corrupt

Bobbi

Every time I password protect a document and then send it to a client, the file on their end is corrupt and they cannot use it. Every single time. This is creating a HUGE problem for me. Does anyone else have this experience and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Bobbi

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Bobbi

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened?
-Nitro Pro build (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411) you are working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-Does this happen with every file? If it is a single file, please send us the sample file (with sensitive information extracted) by sending me a private message so I can replicate it on my end. 
-Where are the files saved (local, a shared drive or an external drive) when you are trying to password protect? Can you check if you have the same issue when the file is saved locally?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

I believe the issue started about a year ago and yes, and it's  intermittent.

there have been no changes that I am aware of!

We have Nitro 11.0.7.425

Some times the file is on my server, other times it's on my local drive.

I just had a client test two files and she could open both. The very next time it happens I will reach out. The problem is going to be that I will need to open the document, redact items and then resave it, so it will never be the exact file that was sent.

Let's see what happens.

Thanks

Bobbi Binder

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Bobbi,

Thank you for this information.

Since you are still working with an older build, you might want to update to 11.0.8.470 using these offline installers:

x64-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x64.msi 
x32-bit: http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1108470/en/burn/nitro_pro11_ba_x86.msi

Cheers!