Neither Nitro Pro 9 or 10 will open unless I run as administrator

Mary Chatham

Mary Chatham

All of a sudden,. my Nitro quit opening for me.  I always use Nitro 9 instead of the 10 I have installed because 10 changes the fonts and I don't like it.  In any event, neither one will open for me unless I run as an administrator.  This just started happening yesterday.  Can anyone help?  And I'm not a newbie. I've been using Nitro for at least the last 9 years.  Never had a problem until now.

Edited by MaryC
  • I agree 1

Mary Chatham

I should add that my computer had crashed due to overheating before this problem started.  After my reboot from the crash, Nitro wouldn't open unless I run it as administrator.

• I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MaryC,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 10 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy 

As a courtesy, kindly try uninstall and reinstall your program.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Mary Chatham

How can I get a link to re-instal Nitro Pro 9?  The link that was sent to me when I initially purchased Nitro Pro 9 no longer works.  And if I can't get a link for my Nitro Pro 9, can I get a link to reinstall Nitro Pro 10, even though I'm not crazy about that version?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MaryC,

Thank you for your response and patience.

You may get our Nitro Pro 9 and Nitro Pro 10 installers by accessing this page: kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/online/000004464 

Right now, we cannot tell why both applications are behaving this way.

Only thing I could think of is a newly installed Windows update was applied on the machine.

Would you be so kind in checking your computer's Control Panel \ Programs \ Programs and Features \ Installed Updates is anything was installed in the past few days?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Mary Chatham

Well, the control panel/Programs and Features, shows that Adobe Flash Player 32 NPAPI installed today.  I don't know why it would say that.  I haven't touched anything today as far as installations, etc.  I've just been typing.  On 8/9/19 it says it installed Google Chrome, also don't understand that.  And it says Nitro Pro 10 an Nitro Pro 9 were installed on 8/7/2019.  I don't know why it would say that, either. That's all since I've been having the problem.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MaryC,

Thank you for this information.

I believe you are looking at your Control panel \ Programs and Features. If you will go to 'View Installed updates', you should see the Windows updates:

1.thumb.png.b5075d8fa5b8410adfe96caae7e9c977.png

To get the latest updates, look for the 'Installed On' column and short to newest to oldest.

If nothing was installed in the past few days, kindly uninstall them, reboot your machine and reinstall using the MSI installers from the link I provided.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.